Axilum Robotics TMS-Robot is able to perform a wide range of tasks, from the simple holding of the TMS coil at a predefined target, to the controlled movement of the TMS coil along complex trajectories in the brain.
Any robot assisted TMS session consists of three main steps:
1. TMS Session Planning
Define the stimulation targets and the coil rotation on the patient’s MRI data with a compatible neuronavigation system:
- Select a single point on brain or head
- Select several points
- Draw a curve
- Define a grid of points
2. Patient Registration
- Install the patient in the seat with the backrest or the tablet
- Register the patient head with the MRI data
3. TMS Session Execution
- Adjust the seat position in height and depth
- Start the robotic session to move the coil automatically at the targeted position(s) for stimulation
- Record the stimulated positions for subsequent analysis
Note: Available functionalities depend on compatible neuronavigation systems and their software version.